Wednesday, December 2, 2009

pretend girlfriend

"Are you okay?" D. asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why did you post on F@cabook that you're giving up dating?"

"I had the worst date ever," I said.

"How so?"

I then explained the eye-batting fiasco.

"Huh," he said. "Sorry to hear that."

This was coming from one of the guys I had dated over the summer, and probably would still be dating if not for the Jewish/Catholic issue. We had been friends before we slept together, then went back to being friends. And good friends, at that.

"Well, you deserve better?"

"Why is that a question."

"I don't know."

In July, he had said that he could not believe that he was sleeping with the girl in the green bikini he had admired from afar.

"So, what are you doing Monday? Or maybe Tuesday?"

"Why?"

"Well, I had sorta dating this girl..."

"Yeah..."

"But not really. We just talked. Turns out she was married."

"You dated a married woman?"

"No, she was seperated at the time. But she and her husband are back together."

"What does this have to do with Monday or Tuesday?"

"They're going to be in town and they want to get together for dinner. It's going to be weird; I'm gonna be the third wheel."

"Are you asking me to come to be the fourth?"

"Yeah."

"Whoa, wait a second. Are you asking me to be your pretend girlfriend?"

"No!... well, maybe."

"Is it because you know i'm the most beautiful, intelligent girl you've dated, and you want her to see that you can do so much better than her?"

"Aren't you full of yourself."

"Is it true?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be there."

No comments:

Post a Comment