Friday, December 4, 2009

in which I accidently have dinner with a married man

"Are you always so charming and interesting?" he asked.

I blushed."Only when the company is good," I responded.

We had just finished dinner. It had been a long dinner, over 2 hours, as we talked so much we din't order until an hour and two margaritas had passed.

He excused him to the facilities, leaving his cell phone and keys on the table. No sooner had he left when his phone rang, with a beautiful family portrait on the screen. Even from upside down I could see it was his family. His beautiful family.

He returned to the table.

"I hope you didn't miss me too much." He winked.

"I didn't, but I'm sure your kids do." I pushed the phone closer to him.

"What?"

"Your phone rang. I think it was your wife."

He turned red.

"I'll be leaving now."

"Well, for what it's worth, I didn't feel chemistry between us anyway."

"I'm sure that would make your wife feel so much better."

No comments:

Post a Comment