Tuesday, December 1, 2009

background notes

I find myself in my min-twenties at a place I didn't expect: completely and utterly single.

I was supposed to be getting married this December. It's not happening, but that's a good thing. That mess ended over a year ago.

Then I was supposed to move to be with someone. But he died.

Then I dated a guy who turned out to be certifiably crazy: call-the-cops-he's-gone-off-the-deep-end crazy.

Then there was the incredibly successful, attractive, intelligent man with whom there was just no connection.

Where I live now, there aren't many men who fit my criteria. I may have to import one from somewhere more cosmopolitan.

There have been over 50 first dates in the past 16 months. I can't remember most of them, but I'll try to write of the most memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment