Tuesday, January 19, 2010

opps

The past week, my friend E has been waiting patiently for her monthly. Today, while joking around at Target about how long she's been waiting, she admitted that she and her ex weren't good at using birth control.

"You used condoms, right?"

"Not really... maybe twice."

"But you're on the pill, right?"

She shook her head.

"VCF? Spermacide? Anything?"

The whole time, she kept shaking her head.

"What?!?" I nearly lost it, hands flying everywhere.

"Well, it felt so good. And I never thought anything would happen. But then, this one time, he, um..."

"You know the pull-out method is crap, right?"

"I know."

"You know you're a dumb ass, right?"

"I know."

Two hours later, I got a scared phone call.

"There's two lines. There's a faint pink line; the box says a faint line counts."

"I'll be right there."

I stopped at the grocery store to pick up essentials: soda, peanut butter cups, chips and pico. When I got to her place, I let myself in. She was sitting on her favorite chair , arms wrapped around herself, crying.

"It'll be okay," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment